OverView:Origin is a real-time origin server enabling live streams to be delivered to OTT clients.
- Captures live data from one or more IPTV multicast (TS over UDP) streams
- Chunks data for adaptive streaming using HLS and MPEG-DASH
- Passes data through encoder or receives multiple multicasts for the same channel
- Encrypts streams in real time with AES and delivers the keys to OverView:DRM
- Keys can be rotated periodically for ultimate security
- Captures Electronic Program Guide data (EIT) from broadcast to store in high-performance in-memory database
- Records individual programmes as on-demand playlists for use in NPVR or catch-up TV services